My Photo
Location: Bi-coastal, United States

Working in the trenches of the fashion industry for years.

Thursday, January 18, 2007


Mary Beth, fellow Sewing Diva, at The Stitchery has tagged me. I am supposed to reveal 5 things that never revealed in my blog about myself. That leaves it pretty wide open.
But you knew I grew up in Hawaii?

Did you know I designed for a sweater company, Objects d'Art, for a long time? We made this sweater for Keiko her first winter in NYC - poor thing she was shivering. This was the first fitting. We needed to raise the centerfront neckline.

I worked in imports for a long time in junior sportswear. "Back in the Day" we had our yarndye recolorations hand painted - CAD systems cost $40,000 and were not particularly intuitive to use. We also used to carry graded sets of hard paper patterns in our suitcases on overseas trips. I made more than 36 trips to India - I lost count.

Hmmm, I will have to think of another couple of things to add. Right now, back to work. Check in later and see what else!


Blogger Mary Beth said...

How fun to learn about your background! Love the hula skirt and flowers :)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Asia said...

Asia Indusrtries is one of the leading garments manufacturers, wholesale suppliers and exporters in Delhi. We are a renowned manufacturer and supplier of garment buttons exporters in India.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Vac Sew said...

Wow what an interesting person with all the trips to India and growing up in Hawaii. I am new to sewing and have hacked up a few pieces already but hope to grow in my new position at vacsewcenter.

Sewing Parts


9:39 AM  
Blogger anika Bachmann said...

I found a nice site (, where you can buy nice and cheap products, buyincoins - a professional online website, which lets you buy items from China directly without having to pay any shipping fee. The site has many items, like Women's Clothing (Dresses, T-Shirts, Jeans, Skirts, Tops, Outwear, Underwear & Socks, Jumpsuits & Rompers, etc.), Women's Handbags & Bags, Women's Shoes, Women's Accessories and more Cool Gadgets available for purchase.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home