My Photo
Name:
Location: Bi-coastal, United States

Working in the trenches of the fashion industry for years.

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Tagged!

Mary Beth, fellow Sewing Diva, at The Stitchery has tagged me. I am supposed to reveal 5 things that never revealed in my blog about myself. That leaves it pretty wide open.
But you knew I grew up in Hawaii?

Did you know I designed for a sweater company, Objects d'Art, for a long time? We made this sweater for Keiko her first winter in NYC - poor thing she was shivering. This was the first fitting. We needed to raise the centerfront neckline.


I worked in imports for a long time in junior sportswear. "Back in the Day" we had our yarndye recolorations hand painted - CAD systems cost $40,000 and were not particularly intuitive to use. We also used to carry graded sets of hard paper patterns in our suitcases on overseas trips. I made more than 36 trips to India - I lost count.

Hmmm, I will have to think of another couple of things to add. Right now, back to work. Check in later and see what else!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

How fun to learn about your background! Love the hula skirt and flowers :)

11:29 AM  
Blogger Garments Accessories Manufacturers said...

Asia Indusrtries is one of the leading garments manufacturers, wholesale suppliers and exporters in Delhi. We are a renowned manufacturer and supplier of garment buttons exporters in India.

2:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow what an interesting person with all the trips to India and growing up in Hawaii. I am new to sewing and have hacked up a few pieces already but hope to grow in my new position at vacsewcenter.

Sewing Parts

Berta

9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home