My Photo
Name:
Location: Bi-coastal, United States

Working in the trenches of the fashion industry for years.

Sunday, December 17, 2006

L'amour in Glamour

Here is another metallic mesh made for Cynthia's Global Caravan show in Honolulu in November. This twinset did not sell, so it now languishes at Mimi's, a shop on Union St. in San Francisco.

One of my friends, an former fashion buyer with a long career advisng smaller stores on product, stated flatly "It won't sell, because you are not offering the pieces to go with it." Other people who ought to know, say that every woman has black pieces in her closet, how hard could it be?

All I know is that it is a great set, it came out beautifully, thanks to Mr. Magic Hands who sews for me occasionally, when I need the finest sewing and tailoring.

It is a "Go figure?" kind of thing. What's to not like? I don't want to give it away, I just want to make back my investment....having speculated on this fabric with Kashi at Metro Fabrics for another project, I figured making something up for the holidays was a no-brainer. If it was a 'big name' label, there would be no question, it would sell for 3 times the price. Arghh!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Els said...

The twin set is beautiful and should sell in a heartbeat. And you are right people who can afford such a masterpiece are looking at labels first , what a shame.
Maybe the factor that this piece is not sold yet has to do with the opaqueness of the fabric.
Should it sell easier if you added some of the embroidery on the bust part all around so the woman who buys this twin set does not have to put on another cami to cover a bra underneath?

6:10 AM  
Blogger Mary Beth said...

A shame! This is a beautiful piece. Market market where's the market?

11:15 AM  
Blogger Lisette said...

Georgene, your stuff is so beautiful, I agree with Els, it may be the sheerness that is the issue other than that it is stunning.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home