My Photo
Name:
Location: Bi-coastal, United States

Working in the trenches of the fashion industry for years.

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Icon



Another great image of Coco, with her Verdura cuffs, white this time, of course. Since when do we cavort on the Riviera in a long sleeve sweater, long trousers, a turban and fine jewelry? In January perhaps? Wtih the young man to hoist us up - not bad. I can relate to it in a meaningful way. But first I have to work on my pleated cuffed pants pattern.





Here's Ralph Lauren Spring 07, trying to springboard off of Chanel cool, looking good, but not quite making it. He works on the black and white angle, the straw boater, the menswear as womenswear aspect, but somehow his turban misses the boat. There's a lot to love (thank you Ralph!)but I prefer to go back to the source.



4 Comments:

Blogger Gorgeous Things said...

"With the young man to hoist us up - not bad. I can relate to it in a meaningful way. " HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love it. Not sold on the turban though.....

7:22 AM  
Blogger Gorgeous Things said...

Although my preference would be 4 hunky young guys carrying me around on a litter ;)

7:23 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Ouch - RL got this one wrong in a big way. She looks like the Sikh gentleman I see on the commuter rail - they make sense to me. This does not!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Gigi said...

If only I could be half as chic as Coco....

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home